Bed bugs are one of the many insects commonly found around businesses and properties. They feast on blood to survive, so humans are often a main food source for these creatures. Their bites are annoying and itchy, and the thought of being near them isn’t pleasant either. They are repopulating throughout the whole world, hitch-hiking on our luggage or clothing when we travel, or taking rides in buses and vehicles.
Owners of commercial businesses like hotels, resorts, apartments, and condominiums have a strong reputation to uphold. Bedrooms and units in these places must remain clean and bed bug free. Bed bugs and other pest infestations can lead to bad reviews from visitors and customers, which has the potential to catastrophically damage business. Bed bugs are highly active breeders, and a single female can lay up to 500 eggs in her lifetime. This is one of the main reasons why it's so easy for businesses to have bed bug infestations randomly pop up out of nowhere.
Thankfully, Imperial Pest Control has just the program for you. Our Bed Bug Prevention Program helps our clients keep their businesses 100% free of bed bugs. Our services not only include getting rid of infestations, but we also offer a wide variety of prevention methods which helps to keep bed bugs away - permanently. Some of the things we offer to our clients are:
- Bed bug proof sheets - these work like mattress covers. They are a great thing to have in every bedroom of a business, as they protect your mattress from bed bug infestations.
- Heat treatments - a very effective kind of bed bug treatment, and best of all, it’s environmentally friendly! Homes are heated using special equipment to at least 118°F (48°C) to kill off any bed bugs currently inside.
- Bed bug detection dogs - a service of ours that involves the use of K9 dogs to help us locate bed bug infestations in homes and buildings.
Some more things you can do to prevent an infestation of bed bugs are:
- Vacuum often. If bed bugs do manage to get into your property, regularly vacuuming all areas can help prevent them from becoming a huge problem. This includes under and behind beds.
- Repair or remove peeling wallpaper. Loose or peeling wallpaper gives bed bugs another place to hide and breed, so getting rid of it gives bed bugs less places to populate.
- Seal all cracks in wood furniture, baseboards, wall trims, etc. These tiny cracks and crevices give bed bugs more places to hide and breed in, so sealing them all off helps keep bed bugs away.
- Carefully inspect any new pieces of furniture or appliances before you bring them inside. Used and second-hand items can come from households that may have already had a bed bug infestation. Bed bugs can travel into homes on these pieces of furniture, which is why it's important to thoroughly check them out and clean them off before bringing them indoors.
Let Imperial Pest Control help you keep your business bed-bug free. If you live in Scarborough, Oakville, Brampton, York region, Markham, Mississauga, Toronto, Durham, or anywhere else in Ontario and would like to know more about Imperial Pest Control's commercial pest and wildlife extermination and control services, call today at (416) 744-0102.